It is widely known that Knowledge Management Systems are the key to success in multinational companies. Imagine that you are a Vice President of a company that is ramping up to go global.
Please choose one (1) of the following industries for the purposes of this assignment:
- Fashion / Apparel
- Consumer electronics, electronic components
- Medical supplies or equipment
- Bins, totes, crates, material handling
- Food products
- Drug products
- Children’s products, clothing, toys, etc.
Note: You may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
You have been tasked with designing a comprehensive best practices policy list geared towards managing existing knowledge and any new knowledge as it becomes viable. The best practices policy should include a compiled task list that will help your company to handle not only the regular issues of conducting business within a foreign country, but also the unexpected events (e.g., earthquakes, demonstrations, bomb threats, etc.), no matter the country or countries into which you will be expanding. The policy list should also take any unique challenges that your company may face into consideration.
Write a six pageS paper in which you:
- Design a comprehensive best practices policy list that includes policies on the following:
- Sanitation (e.g., hand washing, toilet facilities, etc.)
- Eating and / or drinking (e.g., at desks, on the company grounds, inside in the manufacturing area at designated tables / areas, etc.)
- Conflict resolution (e.g., settling disputes, mediation and / or arbitration with designated mediator on staff, etc.)
- In-house teams (e.g., minimum meeting times, scribes, appointed leaders, etc.)
- Online team (e.g., 24-hour coverage on phone due to time differences, etc.)
- Security (e.g., leaving doors open, locks, key return policy for departing workers, etc.)
- Emergency evacuation procedures